Diabetes Prevention Resources
|The National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP): In-Person Meetings
– The Bracken County Health Department (contact for class location)
DETAILS: This in-person, year-long program includes 16 sessions the first 6 months and 6 or more sessions the last 6 months. Get in touch to join the next cohort that forms.
CONTACT: Donna Teegarden, (606) 735-2157 X225, firstname.lastname@example.org
|The National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP): Online Meetings
– Coach Shellie’s Healthy Lifestyle Program (Full CDC Recognition)
DETAILS: Meets online. This year-long program includes 16 sessions the first 6 months and 6 or more sessions the last 6 months. Call to register & for more.
CONTACT: Shellie Wingate, (502) 682-5079, email@example.com
– Good Measures, LLC (Full CDC Recognition)
DETAILS: Meets online. This year-long program includes 16 sessions the first 6 months & 6 or more sessions the last 6 months. Call to register & for more.
CONTACT: Cassandra Johnson, (617) 531-9149 X2713, Cassandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
– Balanced Wellness KY (Full CDC Recognition)
CONTACT: Terry Gehrke, (502) 716-7773, email@example.com
|Healthy Eating & Farmers' Markets|
Diabetes Management Resources
|Diabetes Coalitions & Support Groups
– Lewis County Diabetes Coalition, at The Lewis County Health Dept., 185 Commercial Drive, Vanceburg, KY 41179
DETAILS: This Coalition meets every other month. Call for meeting location, times, and more information.
CONTACT: Allyson Brannon, (606) 796-2632, allysonK.Brannon@ky.gov
|Diabetes Self-Management Education & Support Classes (DSMES)
– Lewis County Health Department, 185 Commerce Drive, Vanceburg, KY 41179
CONTACT: Katie Brannon, (606) 796-2632
– Buffalo Trace Area Agency on Aging & Independent Living (call for class location)
DETAILS: Stanford’s Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP). Classes are designed to be taught by trained non-licensed professionals who are living with a chronic disease. Classes meet for 2.5 hours a week for 6 weeks.
CONTACT: (606) 564-7084
|Medical Nutrition Therapy/Dietitians
– Primary Plus (call for location in Lewis County)
CONTACT: (606) 796-3660, ask for Medical Nutrition Therapy
*NOTE: information presented here (aside from Farmers’ Market info) comes from the Kentucky Diabetes Resource Directory. It may not account for differences in programs/services due to COVID-19, so be sure to double-check to confirm! Also, these listings might not be complete, and we do not endorse one entity/provider over another.